I’m a bit tired of these Top 5, Top 10 etc. lists, just used as click bait. But…
I am doing this anyway for a new site, so I thought I’d ask the community what you think. Here are mine, pretty much in order:
- Short and Sweet – no scrolling, hovering required. Less Is More.
- One click to the lower area – I do this on tomnora.com to reveal a “matrix” mesmerizing animation.
- Pretty URLs – not just readable, but actually nice looking. Add some important keywords but not many.
- Repeat the key Message/Headline – from your email that sent them here. Make it read like a headline.
- No Video on First Visit – Don’t force them to make this choice. Instead, …
- A Beautiful Jumbo Image – One, not 2 or 3. Something awesome.
- Call To Action/Sign Up Form – Entice them to sign up for your …?? try something better than a newsletter.
- Visible Contact Info – Make your email and city (yes, city) very visible. Don’t make them click around for this.
I will post the final page once it’s finished. If you have a better list or changes to this one, please let me know. And/or, if you have a landing page you can share please do.