Here’s the first part of his note and his bio:
Tom, I need a job. My background is corporate finance and I’ve worked for the best electronic parts wholesale, a top three cable company, and the #1 online bank (PayPal).
And my response:
Eric, I see a lot of people going through this, myself included. Times are worse than I’ve ever seen if you’re not already in a great position. The idea of j-o-b has become harder to get, you have to think in terms of your own brand instead. I’m actually writing a book about this right right now.
It looks like you have lots of energy, and you’re reaching out, you need to channel it into $$$. Also, Avnet is a great background to have.
I usually see everything as a startup, so you look like a finance startup to me. I’ve spent a lot of time recently in the world of e-commerce, it’s an mazing market growing quickly. I’d focus on that if I were you.
Here are some thoughts:
– Are you currently working at PayPal? You could be a paypal consultant and have a pretty strong business.
– E-commerce technologies are very hot right now
– check out commerceguys.com (Drupal)
– woocommerce (WordPress).
Within those companies or similar have many job openings. Or, expertise here can get you some type of work.
– Keep networking and stay positive, negative attitude will scare people off.
– Start a blog about your experience and about online finance. That will help.
– give before you get. Find ways to help others before approaching them asking for something.
I could list plenty more, but that would probably just frustrate you. None of the above is a job, they’re all just ways to hustle to try to get a job.
Let me know how it goes.
I could rubber stamp this answer to many people I hear from ,but usually I don’t even answer. In looking for a higher leverage way to solve this, I’m using my channels to try to broadcast this topic and help many at once.
Job boards are broken, resume robots are broken, so real humans need to get back into the process. If you want to be involved contact me; otherwise, stay tuned here for more. TN @tomnora